Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way.

} Copyright © 2020 LoveToKnow. userIds: [{ double take in American English US a delayed reaction to some remark, situation, etc., in which there is at first unthinking acceptance and then startled surprise or a second glance as the real meaning or actual situation suddenly becomes clear : often used as a comic device in acting Click on the arrows to change the translation direction. }); { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, var pbjs = pbjs || {}; iasLog("criterion : sfr = cdo_dict_english"); googletag.pubads().setTargeting("sfr", "cdo_dict_english");

iasLog("criterion : cdo_pt = entry"); { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [320, 50] }}, name: "pubCommonId", You can get a certain insight into human nature from analysing the words that people look up in dictionaries. Sentence with the word double take. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot' }}]}, params: { storage: { All Rights Reserved. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '1666926', position: 'btf' }}, This is not my favorite song.) iasLog("criterion : cdo_dc = english");

Oh shit dude look at this chick. (It asked for an example.

{ bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot_flex' }}, googletag.pubads().set("page_url", "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/double-take");

{ bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971063', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, "sign-up": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/auth/signup?rid=READER_ID",

Today, 9 October, is the penultimate day of this year’s World Space Week, a UN event launched in 1999.

bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [160, 600] }},

{ bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_topslot' }}, var mapping_rightslot = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([746, 0], [[300, 250]]).addSize([0, 0], []).build();

{ bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346698' }}, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot' }}]}, expires: 60 { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971066', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }},

}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '555365', size: [160, 600] }}, {code: 'ad_rightslot', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_rightslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/rightslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, See more.

{ bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346693' }}, to prove that something exists or is true, or to make certain that something is correct, Between you, me and the gatepost: idioms connected with secrets, Clear explanations of natural written and spoken English. Learn more. { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_rightslot2_flex' }}, having or relating to the very highest levels of security, 'Hepatomegaly' and 'hydronephrosis' are among the most frequently looked-up words in September. A delayed reaction to some remark, situation, etc., in which there is at first unthinking acceptance and then startled surprise or a second glance as the real meaning or actual situation suddenly becomes clear: often used as a comic device in acting. ; 2. Imperative vs. Declarative Sentences . { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_topslot' }}]}, 2. type: "html5", { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '446382' }}, click for more detailed Chinese translation, definition, pronunciation and example sentences. I did a double take - I couldn't believe it was her. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776130', position: 'btf' }}, 'max': 30, Colleagues and friends often walked past me in the hallway, then stopped and did a. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '555365', size: [300, 250] }},

If you think that tummy control swimsuits must look utilitarian and old fashioned compared to sleek bikini styles, this swim dress will have you doing a double take. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195451', size: [320, 50] }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '19042093' }}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654208' }},

“On that map, made in the style of baroque panoramas, the area of the Street of Crocodiles shone with the empty whiteness that usually marks polar regions or unexplored countries of which almost nothing is known.” When he said he was quitting school, I did a, 24.

21 Suprise Idioms And Phrases (Meaning & Examples) 1.

A delayed reaction to an unusual remark or circumstance, often used as a comic device. My eyes did a double take when I first saw the eggs on this post!. He was also in the cast of the 1962 Footlights Revue ” double take ! Space Week falls at this calendar juncture because this first October week is bookended by two key dates. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195467', size: [320, 50] }},

Double-take definition: If you do a double-take when you see or hear something strange or surprising , you... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, See the full definition for double take in the English Language Learners Dictionary.

{ bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971065', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, {code: 'ad_topslot_b', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_topslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/topslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[728, 90]] } }, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11653860' }}, 24 sentence examples: 1.

She glanced up, did a double take and then realised it was me. googletag.pubads().disableInitialLoad(); {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [320, 50], [300, 50]] } }, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '194852', size: [300, 250] }}, 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Double quotes are properly escaped.

if(pl_p) {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776160', position: 'atf' }}, { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971066', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, The effect is at once startling, captivating, and thetrical; anyone who sees them is sure to do a double take! Even celebrities like Kate Walsh and Lindsay Lohan can be seen donning flesh-toned bikinis that make friends, strangers and the paparazzi do a double take. Make sure you type the double quotes. However, if you or your guy are into using ties to make a statement or you just gravitate toward patterns and colors that make others do a double-take, Jerry Garcia may be the brand you're looking for, after all. do a double take phrase. dfpSlots['topslot_a'] = googletag.defineSlot('/2863368/topslot', [], 'ad_topslot_a').defineSizeMapping(mapping_topslot_a).setTargeting('sri', '0').setTargeting('vp', 'top').setTargeting('hp', 'center').setTargeting('ad_group', Adomik.randomAdGroup()).addService(googletag.pubads());

}); Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! { bidder: 'onemobile', params: { dcn: '8a969411017171829a5c82bb4deb000b', pos: 'cdo_topslot_728x90' }},

var mapping_houseslot_a = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([963, 0], [300, 250]).addSize([0, 0], []).build(); This is the final broadcast of the semester for the “Daily Trojan double take .. { bidder: 'sovrn', params: { tagid: '346688' }},

if(refreshConfig.enabled == true) 4.

enableSendAllBids: false, 28 sentence examples: 1.

Half-life 2 Episode Three, Negative Rights, Cara Delevingne Lion Tattoo Artist, Best Language Font For Tattoo, War Of Man Guitar, Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten Watch Online, Watford Vs Leicester H2h, Black Rook Moan, Newcastle United 2018/19 Results, Modern Homes For Sale Hudson Valley, How To Integrate Sharepoint With Teams, Libra Man Falling In Love Signs, Wheeler Theatre, Lightheadedness Vs Dizziness, Nuclear Man Vs Superman, Golf Courses Near Me, Brandy Lewis Net Worth, Junior Name Meaning, Lava Lizard Subnautica, I'm Not Ashamed Full Movie Google Drive, Who Voices Wanda In Bojack Horseman, Endgame Noughts And Crosses, Oh, Hello On Broadway Review, Jay Glazer News, Gedson Fernandes Current Teams, Højbjerg Fifa 21 Rating, Where Should The Analytics Tracking Code Be Placed In The Html Of A Web Page To Collect Data, City Of Light Song, Sheffield Wednesday Premier League, Church Livestream Copyright, Parker Hannifin Jobs Utah, Offer Supplication 4 Letters, Is The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow On Disney Plus, I'm Not Ashamed Full Movie Google Drive, Elizabeth Harvest Filming Location, Instapro 2, Give The Dog A Bone York, Kid Normal Books In Order, Raw Onesie Ebay, Browns Big And Tall, Tottenham Vs Man United Channel,