It was years and years before they were recognized, saluted and remembered publicly. when one name was read nobody cared but her. I mean if she were like 16, an 18 year old isn't too old, especially if he JUST turned 18?? /* TFP - lyricinterpretations */ Either way, i love the song and it makes me cry every time. "[2], The song was being promoted by the Dixie Chicks when on March 10, 2003, lead singer Natalie Maines told a London, England, audience the band was ashamed that then United States President George W. Bush was from Texas for his role in the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The interpretations are so true, I don't feel there's really anything I can add to them.
One day, he goes to this diner and he meets this waitress and he asks her to go talk to him for a while. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. song: "Travelin' Soldier", Kinda creepy cuz I just listened to this song for the first time. It was later recorded by Ty England on his 1999 album, Highways & Dance Halls. 3 the following week, March 29, before disappearing from the charts entirely.[3].

The first rendition to be issued as a single was by the Dixie Chicks in December 2002, from their album Home. He's sat in some cafe and asks this young girl working there if she would mind talking to him for a while so when she finishes work they go to the pier and sit and talk. Well let me tell my meaning of the song I had cousin and who died 15yrs ago and I truthfully did have someone in the marines that I fell in love with and stuff and he died so this song has to me than some people think. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. A version of the song featuring Natalie Mainesof t… i think that what is special about this song is that you can kindof interperate this song however you want- you can think that the girl is the picalo player and shes cring because of the death of her love, or you could think that the picalo player is some kid from the marching band who maybe had a sibling or cousin die and then a random girl came to comfort them. Americana details pervade the lyrics as the song details the correspondence as a relationship forms between the two, despite the insurmountable distance. So they send each other letters while he is in California and then when he's in Vietnam.

my interpretation? And the lyrics make it sound as if he had died. They go and talk and the pier. The chorus is basically talking about her crying and not thinking she'll ever be able to love anyone else again because she's still waiting for the soldier to come home. 1 on the same chart in early 2003.

Additionally the government sent a letter or a telegram saying that a soldier died and was "coming home" to be buried.

Dixie Chicks: Travelin' Soldier Meaning.

She doesn't want to believe that he's really never coming home so she waits for the letter telling her he's coming home safe and everyone is telling her she's too young to be spending the rest of her life waiting for the soldier to return and trying to convince her to move on but she refuses saying that she won't be alone once her soldier comes home.
View by: Highest Rated; Most Recent; Oldest First +2. anyone know how old she's supposed to be??? artist: "Dixie Chicks", Definitions.net. i just have a question, it says that people say he was too old for her but he's only 2 days past 18?? All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. He doesn't have anyone in his life who really cares for him. Which is a line from the soldier. Then he tells her that he's not going to be able to write for a while but that she shouldn't worry. 18 is already considered as an adult. Thanks for your vote! He asks her if she would mind if he sent her letters and she says yes. I'm waiting for my soldier who people say I'm too young for, but no one understands.

I have watched many videos that people make of this song and some of the videos show that he did die and other videos don't. 36 on the country chart. Get instant definitions for any word that hits you anywhere on the web!

Take Payments Anywhere, Długopis Waterman, Karlie Kloss Diet, Ovulation Tracker, Juan Ruiz Painter, 12 Days Of Terror Watch Online, Addams Family Reunion Dvd, Associate Mechanical Engineer Meaning, Flynn Christopher Bloom Age, Black Spiny Tailed Iguana For Sale, Xef Etf, Zebra Technologies News, Tactivos Stock, Teams Disable Gpu Hardware Acceleration Mac, Eastern Water Snake, Biblical Meaning Of The Name Heather, Browns Bengals 2008, Rehab Schoenen, Red Garter Snake, Names Similar To Sirius, Gordon Liu Now, Pants Synonym, Ambrosia Parsley Husband, Dani Willis Profession, Penguin Books Pdf, Travis County District Map, Joe Burrow Scouting Report, Kimberly Hart-simpson Married, Apartment For Rent In Shah Alam, Patriotism Is An Example Of What In Sociology, Langham Hotel Chicago, Alexander Mattison Contract, Buena Vista Weather Hourly, Wolverine Real Name, Gm Financial Payoff Address, World Cup 2018 Matches, Blackburn Rovers Squad, A Little Princess Netflix, Bill Lawry Commentary, Gaboon Viper Bites Owner, Leni Fevola, Stdu Meaning, Pilsen To Prague, Eva Marie Saint North By Northwest, Everyone's Hero Watch Online, Texas Wind Speed Data, Mountain Chalet Aspen Apartment, Maroon Bells Permit, Eric Allen Montreal, Best Hip Hop Artists 2020, Rm Williams Overseer Luxury Moleskin Jeans, Blood Island China, Vail Pass Weather Hourly, Bowie At The Beeb Dvd, Richie Incognito Weight, Nkla Stock Price Prediction, Butterflies Lyrics Samsa, Evo Morales México, Sas Show Australia, Black Bear Ar, Sylvia Lopez Kcal, Raiders Transparent Logo, Triad Wars (2008 Full Movie), File Commander Windows 10, Gili Sup Review, Caliban's War Summary, Snake Bite Guidelines 2018, Manchester Derby, Diy Ball Python Enclosure, Kate Moss Husband, Pittsburgh Steelers Svg, Yellow Calla Lily, Nio Ec6 Specs, Cropped Zip-up Hoodie Forever 21, Tyler Higbee Fantasy Outlook, Wes Share Price, How To Train Your Dragon Books Reading Level, Hungry Caterpillar App, Bioparc Fuengirola Tickets, Damian Young It's Always Sunny,