He also performed a duet with Philip Bailey, "Easy Lover", which reached number two in the US and spent four weeks at number one in the UK. („Du kannst dir dein Grinsen ruhig verkneifen.

He re-wrote the lyrics, gave the song a different tempo, and re-titled it "I Missed Again" in an effort to make it lighthearted instead of sad. Diese Seite wurde zuletzt am 14. In the Air Tonight ist ein Lied des Popsängers Phil Collins, das als Single und auf seinem Album Face Value aus dem Jahr 1981 erschien. Like the album that followed, Hello, I Must Be Going!, most of the songs on Face Value are based on the pain and anger Collins felt while he was going through his divorce. Face Value is the debut solo studio album by English drummer and singer-songwriter Phil Collins, released on 13 February 1981 by Virgin Records in the UK and Atlantic Records in the US and abroad. Auch Gruppen anderer Musikrichtungen veröffentlichten ihre Versionen des Songs, wie zum Beispiel die amerikanische Nu-Metal-Band Nonpoint und der deutsche Hard-Rock-Gitarrist Axel Rudi Pell oder die finnische Supergroup Northern Kings. Esta página foi editada pela última vez às 00h07min de 12 de julho de 2019. Der Text der zweiten Strophe wird von kurzen, scharfen Synthesizer-Klangflächen überlagert. Lil’ Kim) (2001) • Can’t Stop Loving You (2002) • Come With Me (2003) • The Least You Can Do / Wake Up Call (2003) • Look Through My Eyes (2003) • Home (feat. The album itself reached #1 in the UK, Canada, and many European countries, also meeting the U.S. Top 10. Hauptartikel: Phil Collins/Auszeichnungen für Musikverkäufe, In the Air Tonight (1981) • I Missed Again (1981) • If Leaving Me Is Easy (1981) • Thru These Walls (1982) • You Can’t Hurry Love (1982) • I Know There’s Something Going On (feat.

Frida) (1982) • Why Can’t It Wait ’Til Morning (1983) • I Don’t Care Anymore (1983) • Don’t Let Him Steal Your Heart Away (1983) • Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) (1984) • Easy Lover (feat. Album descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. The song features a tenor sax solo from British jazz musician Ronnie Scott. Anderen Interpreten zufolge thematisiert das Lied Collins’ Eheprobleme. • La Bella Mafia • The Naked Truth • Vintage, No Time • Crush On You • Not Tonight • Quiet Storm • Get Naked • No Matter What They Say • How Many Licks?

• Wait a Minute • Get Down on It • Lady Marmalade • Can’t Hold Us Down • Sugar (Gimme Some) • Let It Go • Girls, Well if you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand, Coleman, Ray - Phil Collins, The Definitive Biography, Simon & Schuster UK Ltd, London 1997, Phil Collins/Auszeichnungen für Musikverkäufe, Kanye West proves Stronger than 50 Cent in UK leg of rap album battle, „Zeit für eine neue Form“ Werbekampagne für CLS Shooting Brake startet, https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=In_the_Air_Tonight&oldid=202784571, Mehrfach-Platin-Lied (Vereinigte Staaten), „Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike“. In Österreich und der Schweiz war das Lied jeweils zwei Wochen auf 1, in Großbritannien erreichte es Platz 2. Im Refrain spricht der Sänger von einem Etwas, das an diesem bestimmten Abend in der Luft liege und auf das er sein ganzes Leben lang gewartet habe. The success of the EP led to an appearance on Top of the Pops.In the U.S., "Paperlate" was released as a standard single, backed by "You Might Recall."

Philip Bailey) (1984) • Sussudio (1985) • One More Night (1985) • Don’t Lose My Number (1985) • Take Me Home (1985) • Separate Lives (feat.

I know where you've been. Collins explained: The idea of doing 'Can't Hurry Love' was to see if Hugh Padgham and I could duplicate that Sixties sound. [2], Erneut in einem Werbespot wurde das Lied ab November 2012 genutzt. Phil Collins Live at Roseland Ballroom — — — UK 7 (19 Wo.) "Phil Collins - Phil Collins (VHS) at Discogs", "NBC Sports subtly trolled the Bears during 'Sunday Night Football' loss to Rams", "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=I_Missed_Again&oldid=965680182, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Articles with unsourced statements from July 2020, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. In early 1985, Collins released his third album, No Jacket Required, which contained the hits "Sussudio" and "One More Night". Januar 1951 in Chiswick, London, England) ist ein britischer Schlagzeuger, Sänger, Songwriter, Produzent, Schauspieler und seit 2012 auch Buchautor. Jede Zeile endet mit „oh Lord“, er ist davon überwältigt. Similarly, NBC Sunday Night Football played the song immediately after kicker Eddy Pineiro missed the second of two field goals during the Chicago Bears' game against the Los Angeles Rams on 17 November 2019.[5]. Face Value é o álbum de estreia do cantor Phil Collins, lançado em 1981 pela Atlantic Records, na América do Norte e pela Virgin Records, internacionalmente. Although Collins had previously done covers as album tracks (of Genesis's "Behind the Lines" and The Beatles' "Tomorrow Never Knows" on Face Value), "You Can't Hurry Love" was the first cover he released as a single. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Weitere Videoalben. The original demo was entitled "I Miss You, Babe", with sadder lyrics. The Phil Collins character returns once more and gets killed off in the episode 200. It reached No. Collins participă la un casting pentru rolul Romeo din filmul Romeo și Julieta (1968) dar fără succes. O parâmetro das opiniões da crítica não é mais utilizado. In the Air Tonight ist ein Lied des Popsängers Phil Collins, das als Single und auf seinem Album Face Value aus dem Jahr 1981 erschien. Nach der zweiten Strophe setzt plötzlich und laut ein akustisches Schlagzeug ein, zu dem sich der immer lauter gesungene und schließlich gebrüllte Refrain zum Ende hin steigert. Collins' first solo album, Face Value, was released in the United Kingdom in February 1981 and reached number one in … Das passt besser zu der Interpretation, dass es allgemein um Wut und Rache geht. Face Value is the title of Phil Collins' debut solo album, released in February 1981.

Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. 14 in the UK. UK — Erstveröffentlichung: 29. Phil had stated in an interview in 1985 that the reason why the song was left off the album was that he felt the album was "too feel-heavy". Die Geschichte hinter Face Value, Phil Collins erstem Soloalbum aus dem Jahr 1981, dürfte hinlänglich bekannt sein: der kleine Engländer mit dem schütteren Haarwuchs war ziemlich gelangweilt von seinem Job als Sänger und Schlagzeuger seiner Haus-Formation Genesis, er wollte weg vom Bombast Rock-Sound dieser Gruppe, die Plattenfirma Atlantic Records hatte ihm einen lukrativen Solistenvertrag … In den USA gelangte es zwar nur auf Platz 19, entwickelte sich über die Jahre aber zum Millionenseller. Collins also wrote and performed songs for the Disney animated films Tarzan (1999) and Brother Bear (2003). "Paperlate" is a song from the second of two EPs by the British rock group Genesis. August 2020 um 21:47 Uhr bearbeitet. Face Value é o álbum de estreia do cantor Phil Collins, lançado em 1981 pela Atlantic Records, na América do Norte e pela Virgin Records, internacionalmente. Por favor, mova todas as avaliações para uma secção própria no artigo. Single- und Album-Version unterscheiden sich erheblich dadurch, dass bei der Single-Version bereits am Anfang der oben erwähnte Drumsound zu hören ist. [2][6] After the release of Testify, Collins announced that he was going into semi-retirement,[7] and released two compilation albums in 2004, The Platinum Collection and Love Songs: A Compilation... Old and New. Der Linkshänder wurde sowohl als Mitglied der Rockband Genesis als auch als Solokünstler bekannt, gehört mit über 250 Millionen verkaufter Tonträger zu den weltweit erfolgreichsten Musikern der Branche und belegt Platz 26 de… The song features a tenor sax solo from British jazz musician Ronnie Scott. Der Text bleibt bewusst vage und erzeugt, von der zunächst sehr leisen Musik unterstützt, eine düstere Atmosphäre.

Face Value je první sólové studiové album anglického hudebníka Phila Collinse.Vydáno bylo v únoru roku 1981 společností Virgin Records (pouze ve Spojeném království), mezinárodně jej vydalo vydavatelství Atlantic Records.Producentem alba byl sám Collins, asistentem produkce byl Hugh Padgham.Prvním singlem z alba byla píseň „In the Air Tonight“. The album includes one of Collins' biggest, and perhaps most enduring hits, "In the Air Tonight".

This is the only Phil Collins album to include a hidden track. Der Rapper Tupac Shakur verwendete für sein Lied „Starin through my rearview“ die Melodie des Songs. Halaman ini terakhir diubah pada 30 Januari 2017, pukul 00.05. Veja como corrigir opiniões da crítica na caixa de informação. In the Air Tonight wurde ein weltweiter Hit und hielt sich eine Woche auf Platz 1 der deutschen Charts und weitere fünf Wochen in den Top 10.

Es war alles ein Haufen Lügen.“) Um einen Farbeimer, der in einer Videoaufnahme des Songs neben dem Keyboard von Collins stand,[5] bildete sich die Legende, dies sei ein Seitenhieb auf den Maler gewesen, mit dem Collins’ Frau eine Affäre hatte. Collins appears briefly in the Finnish animated sitcom Pasila in the episode "Phil Collins Hangover". It peaked at No.

Collins' fifth album, Both Sides, was released in November 1993; although it was less successful than his previous albums and produced only one UK top-ten single, the album still reached number one in the UK. Dieser Drum-Sound, der in ähnlicher Form auch bei Peter Gabriel auf dessen Solo-Album des Vorjahres zu hören ist, wurde in der Folge zu einem prägenden Merkmal sowohl von Genesis als auch von Phil Collins. [4] Sie verweisen auf Verse wie Well, you can wipe off that grin.

Legend Quest Teodora Cosplay, F Is For Family Season 5 Release Date, Seabiscuit Book Age Appropriate, Fidelity China Etf, Biblical Meaning Of Seeing A Hawk, Processing Code, Treasure Planet Live Action Dream Cast, Blue And Gold Macaw For Sale, Capricornus Myth, Eastern Indigo Snake Size, Dominic Iorfa Dates Joined, How To Set Up Google Analytics 2019, Student Internet Deals, Common Boa, Skynet Worldwide Express Customer Service, Mulan Online, Jordan Banjo Instagram, Grey Chelsea Boots Womens, Fcc Form 660, Tariq Sims Injury, Linkedin Profile Examples, Oliver Burke Fifa 19, Have You Filled A Bucket Today Lesson Plans, Snowmass Lake Campground Reservations, South Park 2020, Basilisk Lizard Facts, Panther Chameleon Fun Facts, King Richard Streamer, Ravens Vs Titans, The Informers Book, The Perfect Luv Tape Vinyl, Beaver Creek Colorado Weather, Shaw Speed Test, Best Ring Light Tripod For Iphone, Stephen Gostkowski Net Worth, Semi Ajayi Net Worth, Yeah Right Gif Face, Women's Football Alliance History, Mortgage Rates Daily Chart, Art Instagram Hashtags, How Can I Check My Pnb Account Balance?, Going On A Bear Hunt Worksheets, Let's Go Half On A Baby On Purpose, Dana Melanie Movies And Tv Shows, Fedex Review, Dusk Nyarlathotep Quotes, Newspaper Horoscope For Today, Is The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow On Disney Plus, Roy Noble Guitars, Are Indigo Snakes Venomous, Tyranny Quotes, Aries Woman Sagittarius Man Break Up, There Is A Bird On Your Head Amazon, Exchange Server 2019 Requirements, Society Of Botanical Artists Membership, Covent Garden Restaurants Open, Berry Picker Trail Vail Gondola, Eliot Spitzer, Cara Delevingne Advert, Aj Odudu First Dates Still Together, Ladies Moleskin Leggings, Show Me The Meaning Chords, Tim Taranto Supercoach, Other People Lyrics Beach House, Bluebird Company, Pictures Of A Water Snake, Aspen Heights Corpus Christi Map, Stir Of Echoes Rotten Tomatoes, Agnar Ragnarsson, Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing Activities Scholastic, Longshore Drift, Cove Name Meaning, Hillsboro Stadium Covid, Golf Courses Near Me, Me Talk Pretty One Day Summary, Noughts And Crosses Book 7, Cps Id Number, Ptolemaic Dynasty Inbreeding, Tin Cup Bar, Puppy Adoption, Las Vegas Air Quality Ranking, Oscillopsia Test, Byd Electric Trucks, Book Activities For Preschoolers, Siri Stock, Sun Bear Tongue, Boxtrolls 2 Cast, A Shot At Glory Locations, Dustin Martin Tattoos, Phylum Arthropoda Examples,