Paul was 81 years old at the time of death. … No other details about Benjamin’s death were made available. Paul Benjamin, who played one of the men on the corner in Spike Lee’s “Do the Right Thing,” died June 28, Lee announced on Instagram.

Benjamin moved to New York to study acting and soon made his film debut in “Midnight Cowboy (1969).”. No other details about Benjamin’s death were made available.

Paul Benjamin was born on January 1, 1938 and died on June 28,2019. He gave exceptional performances in the TV adaptations of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1979) and Gideon's Trumpet (1980). Paul Benjamin was born on January 1, 1938 and died on June 28,2019. On television, Benjamin had guest-starring roles on “In the Heat of the Night,” “Law & Order,” “The Shield.” He portrayed homeless man Al Ervin in the “ER” pilot, which led to a recurring role over the next few seasons. Celebrities and Notable People Who Have Had Coronavirus. Paul passed away on June 28,2019 at the age of 81 in Los Angeles, California, USA. “Rest In Paradise.

Do the Right Thing Actor Paul Benjamin Dead at 81 as Director Spike Lee Pays Tribute The 81-year-old's death was announced by Spike Lee on Instagram Wednesday Benjamin’s other film credits include  “Some Kind of Hero” (1982) opposite Richard Pryor,  Clint Eastwood’s “Pink Cadillac” (1989), Bill Duke’s “Hoodlum” (1997), and John Singleton’s “Rosewood” (1997). Paul was 81 years old at the time of death. He made his film debut in 1969 as a bartender in Midnight Cowboy. He lived a normal average life with his wife Esther and his daughter Carol . On television, he appeared in the 1988 episode of In The Heat of the Night as a death row inmate and in the 1994 pilot episode of ER, which led to his recurring role of homeless man Al Ervin during the next few seasons. Died 6/28/19, A post shared by Spike Lee (@officialspikelee) on Jul 2, 2019 at 10:15am PDT, Benjamin also appeared in “Across 110th Street,” “Escape From Alcatraz” and “The Station Agent.”, Also Read: Spike Lee Says Hollywood Should 'Shut It Down' and Boycott Georgia, “I am so sad to hear about the passing of Paul Benjamin,” wrote filmmaker Robert Townsend on his Twitter account.

A few notable exceptions were a major role in Barry Shear's Across 110th Street (1972), and smaller parts in Shear's western The Deadly Trackers (1973), Michael Campus' The Education of Sonny Carson (1974), Arthur Marks' Friday Foster (1975), Gordon Parks' biopic Leadbelly (1976), and Don Siegel's prison film Escape from Alcatraz (1979). Celebrities and Famous People Who Passed Away Today in History. In his acting career, he worked next to Clint Eastwood in 1979 Escape from Alcatraz He was 81. If you see something that doesn't look right on this page, please do inform us using the form below: © 2017 Dead or Kicking / All Rights Reserved. After small roles in Sidney Lumet 's The Anderson Tapes (1971) and Born to Win (1971), he did extensive television work in the 1970s. “I’m Sad To Write That The Great Actor PAUL BENJAMIN (Who Played ML, {Far Left} One … The cause of death was not immediately known.

Born 1/1/38. Paul Benjamin, the veteran actor who portrayed one of the three wise Brooklyn "cornermen" in Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing, has died.

He was 81. Paul Benjamin, who started in the movie Do The Right Thing, died at age 81. One day, his wife and daughter were attacked by muggers and his wife died form the attack … Benjamin was born in Pelion, South Carolina.

Paul Benjamin (born 1938) is an American actor. Birthday: January 1, 1938 Date of Death: June 28,2019 Age at Death: 81 Benjamin also appeared in “Across 110th Street,” “Escape From Alcatraz” and “The Station Agent”. “I’m Sad To Write That The Great Actor PAUL BENJAMIN (Who Played ML, {Far Left} One Of The Cornermen Passed This Past Friday,2 Days Before The 30th Anniversary Of DO THE RIGHT THING,” wrote Lee. Birthday: January 1, 1938Date of Death: June 28,2019Age at Death: 81. Paul Benjamin, a film, television and theater actor who often appeared in dramas centered on the black American experience, died on June 28 in Los Angeles.

The Lincoln Lawyer Tv Series, Lfl 2020 Atlanta Steam Roster, Robyn Lawley Weight And Height, How Long Do Meerkats Live In The Wild, Barnyard Pig Meme, Elm Margin Full Form, Little House In Big Woods, Carlos Hyde Fantasy 2020, Why Is Chicago So Violent 2020, Snake Mania Hack, Dog Age Chart, How Did Cornelius Vanderbilt Die, Iron Mike Mitchell, Ptolemy Geography Online, City Of Ghosts (book 2), Day Geckos For Sale, Echis Pyramidum, Millwall Online, Madrid Zoo Aquarium Madrid Spain, 101 Dalmatians Thunderbolt, Is Lee Boardman Married, Mediacom Revenue, Cache Memory Meaning, Snake Species, Caret In Math, Rhys Stanley Footywire, Malediction Synonym, Eyes On The Prize Part 2 Fighting Back Summary, Mt Sherman Weather, Merci Pour Le Chocolat Imdb, La Salle High School Tuition, Corpse Bride Netflix 2020, Emma Willis Hair, Frontline Plus Side Effects, X League Players, Charlotte's Web Chapters 1-4, Is Legend Of The Guardians On Netflix, Jamila Name Meaning, Rise Of The Black Pharaohs Summary, Nyjah Huston Height, Mark Billingham Sas Wife, Men Fashion Style, Blues Brothers 2000 Box Office, What Does The Name Ash Mean In Greek, Types Of Nature Of Research, Dragon Jr, Jedrick Wills Interview, Buzzcut Season Lyrics, Spurred Meaning In Tamil, Catherine Keener Get Out, What Do Llamas Wear In Minecraft, Sabata Meaning, Tom Lynch Final Siren, Lemonade Products, Damien Chazelle Wife, Our Last Night Taylor Adams, Capone' Trailer, Oscar Winning Actress From Bullets Over Broadway Daily Themed Crossword, Ant-man Characters, Green Bean Salad, Men Of Leng, Why Is Chicago So Windy, Watch Dating In The Dark, Read Mountains Of Madness Online, Kaira Meaning In Arabic, Garden Of Evil Song, Crystal Palace Logo Vector, Wolves 2019/20 Results, I Close My Eyes And I Can See Lyrics, Time For Space, How Do I Calculate Shipping Costs, Lucy Bella Earl Famous Birthdays, Billy Milligan Split, Dustin Martin Contract, Weather Today At My Location, International Adoption Requirements, The Woodsman Play,