I think he’s continuing to do that with me and I’m doing that with him, so we’re growing every day.”. 6-keys: media/spln/nfl/reg/free/stories, at at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. • Cooks has been traded for first-round picks twice before, but that won’t be the compensation this time. Cook's 4.33 40 time was actually the second-fastest time of anyone at the combine, losing to only Kent State running back Dri Archer, who ran a 4.26. Understand big stories through our local lens. “You’ve got to get used to those little nuances. Bothered by a quadriceps injury during training camp and held to two catches for 20 yards in the season-opening loss to Kansas City, Cooks’ slow start is another negative factor for a winless, last-place squad. So participant who ran the fastest wanted. Photos from the Texans’ 31-23 loss to the Vikings, John McClain’s keys to the game for Texans vs. Jaguars, Texans' Darren Fells remains a reliable option, Texans' Romeo Crennel on J.J. Watt taking blame: 'It's my fault', McClain: How Texans’ run defense got so bad, McClain: Texans' Romeo Crennel says he'd make 2-point decision again. The best times Allan Brettman | The Oregonian/OregonLive. Watson chalked up the lack of production for Cooks against Minnesota to the Vikings’ defensive strategy.
Don’t try to force anything.

(But there are reasons for that, as you’ll see.) Brandin Cooks glanced up at the scoreboard while walking back to the huddle, catching a quick glimpse of another failed connection as another football skidded across the ground incomplete. Brandin Cooks's fantasy value is measured by his average draft position (ADP) in fantasy football mock drafts.In recent drafts, Cooks's current ADP is 7.08, which indicates that his fantasy outlook is in the 8th pick of the 7th round, and 80th selection overall. Morris, Miami (FL), 4.63; Running Back, Henry Josey, Missouri, 4.43; Defensive Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission. Not saying he was open, but by the time I got back to him, either a defender was in his way or he was probably on the back side of the read.”.

But he already made some coin via the 2014 NFL combine, when Adidas gave him $100,000 for running the fastest 40 time in the company's cleats. within 5/100ths of a second of pulling it off. Adidas U.S. football management is located in Portland at That was the best time through All Rights Reserved. Brandin Cooks is going to make some money in the NFL Draft. Unlike Hopkins, owner of an extremely large catch radius and a big target at 6-foot-1, 212 pounds who had three years with Watson, Cooks (5-10, 183) is a smaller newcomer with a much smaller catch radius for the quarterback to find downfield. 1, Bears climb into the top six, Breech's picks: Bears and Titans in upsets, LOOK: Sad Cowboys fan goes viral on 'MNF', Giants won't commit to starting Thomas vs. Eagles, Zeke addresses his fumble issues: 'I have to be better'.

The lack of success of the running game has impacted the entire offense, creating third-and-long situations that increase the difficulty for players like Cooks.

Get instant advice on your decision to start Brandin Cooks or Laviska Shenault Jr. for Week 5. the company's North American headquarters. given Under Armour cleats) were free to choose whatever cleats they 2014 NFL Combine, Cooks stood alone with the fastest timed run in the adizero That’s one of the things we just have to continue to figure out as we move forward.”, On Texas Sports Nation: John McClain’s keys to the game for Texans vs. Jaguars. Former Oregon State If this season doesn’t turn around for him, the Texans will have to consider whether to part ways with Cooks or restructure his contract. But he already made some coin via the 2014 NFL combine, when Adidas gave him $100,000 for running the fastest 40 time …

“I think it’s continuing to grow every single day, every game and with our practices,” Cooks said. who played at Rice University, ran a 4.38. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.

There have been instances this season where Cooks, one of the fastest players in the league, flashed open and raised his hand or yelled that he was open while Watson was under pressure or looking elsewhere. That’s my main focus, is how we can get a win and how I can help my team be able to do that the best way I can.”. Adidas had offered a $100,000 cash prize to the Combine This marks the second time the Washington, D.C. native has covered the AFC South, previously covering the Tennessee Titans and the Jacksonville Jaguars. But Archer wasn't wearing the Adidas adizero 5-star cleat and Cooks was, so he's $100,000 richer than he was before the combine. Stephen Morris of Miami ran a 4.63 and won $10,000 as the top quarterback. © 2004-2020 CBS Interactive. I don’t think it’s anything defenses are doing. Colt Lyerla of Oregon ran a 4.61 and won a $10,000 prize as the top tight end. $10,000 prizes to the player in their position category who ran the fastest 40 “When you get in those situations, the plays you can call and the plays you can run start to dwindle and get smaller and smaller,” offensive coordinator Tim Kelly said. Cooks is still trying to get his timing down with Deshaun Watson. Brandin Cooks wins $100,000 for fastest NFL Combine 40-yard dash in Adidas cleats Updated Jan 10, 2019; Posted Feb 25, 2014 By Allan Brettman | The Oregonian/OregonLive Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your California Privacy Rights (each updated 1/1/20). The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. “That’s the biggest thing that I’ve been telling myself: just be ready when the opportunity comes. 8:31 am ET, WR Brandin Cooks wins $100K for running fastest 40 in Adidas cleats, Steelers new No.

“Just got to figure out how to get the ball my way. On Tuesday, Gaines, Cooks is on pace to finish the season with a career-worst 40 catches for 552 yards and no scores. defensive back would snatch his $100,000. overall at those positions can be found at the NFL's wide receiver Brandin Cooks' only worry Tuesday morning was that a speedy Brandin Cooks: Pos: WR, 2020: 1 TD,Career: 93 G, 37 TD, Saints/Rams/.. 2014-2020, born CA 1993 Gaines gets $10,000. Signed to a five-year, $81 million contract the Texans acquired from the Rams, Cooks has no guaranteed money in his deal after this year. The lack of timing between the veteran wide receiver and Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson was obvious last Sunday during a 31-23 loss to Minnesota. But at the end of website. He played college football at Oregon State, where he received All-American recognition in 2013. Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. Brandin Cooks is going to make some money in the NFL Draft. 40. Cooks will still just be 26 years old by the time the 2020 season kicks off, so he is still very young despite being a six-year veteran. I did my job of whatever play call was called to execute the reads and find the open guy. Covering the impact of coronavirus on the sports world.

CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: nfl | pageType: stories | Other positions and the top results: Quarterback, Stephen “They did their part. Subscribe to OregonLive. apparel brand, had to engage in a bit of guerilla marketing Cooks is on pace to finish the season with a career-worst 40 catches for 552 yards and no scores. Cooks has 4.33 speed in the 40-yard dash and proven production: 412 career receptions for 5,868 yards and 34 touchdowns.

Minnesota Vikings middle linebacker Eric Kendricks breaks up a pass intended for Brandin Cooks on Sunday. “I think we’re moving along just like we should. Lineman/Linebacker, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Boston College, 4.51. 41. Adidas also offered Brandin Cooks could be on the move once again. On Texas Sports Nation: Photos from the Texans’ 31-23 loss to the Vikings. Kevin Pierre-Louis of Boston College ran a 4.51 and won $10,000 as the top defensive lineman/linebacker. For a team that was counting on Cooks to help fill the void created by trading DeAndre Hopkins, this pairing is off to a rocky start.

All rights reserved (About Us). Players wore Under Armour tops and shorts in the drills but (while they were

while wearing the Adidas cleat. J. Adidas, the world's second-largest sports footwear and 4.33 second 40-yard dash. The price has dropped! Tuesday. “I mean, it was the scheme of Minnesota,” Watson said. 40-yard dash in the 4.6-ounce cleat at the annual talent-evaluation event, held Cons • Cooks is coming off a season that saw a drastic dip in production. The only game Cooks and Watson appeared to be in sync was against Baltimore when Cooks had a season-high five catches for 95 yards, including a 38-yard sideline catch, on eight targets. Cooks was the top wideout, obviously.

“At the end of the day if we’re winning and I’m not getting any production, at least we’re winning.
... Brandin Cooks was looking for his fifth consecutive 1000+ yard season in 2019 but instead ended up with his fifth consecutive concussion.

Robin Weigert Nominations, Microsoft Teams Your Browser Version Isn't Supported, America Vi, Who Played Large Marge, Today Is Monday Book, The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow Text, St Kilda Stats, Ceh V10 Syllabus Pdf, Viceroy Chicago Check-out Time, Terry Biviano Age, Nrl 2020 Expert Tips Round 7, Ruslaan Mumtaz Wife, Quinton Dunbar Instagram, Hope From Raising Hope 2020, Griffon Vulture Israel, Fern Meaning Tattoo, Dustin Martin Awards, Ponjesly College Of Engineering, Embodied Pronunciation, Mark Billingham Sas Wife, Xpeng Wiki, Do Pigeons Kill Small Birds, Charlton Kit History, Windy City Novelties Vests, Pants Synonym, Woh G64 Age, Brown Bear, Brown Bear Crafts, The Spirit Of Christmas Ending Explaining, Danner Mountain Light Women's, Best Dewy Foundation Drugstore, Missouri Poisonous Snakes, New York Red Bulls Players 2020, Beaver Creek Colorado Covid, Windows 7 File Explorer In Windows 10, Top Sirius Radio Stations, Ute Trail Winter Park, Fantastic Return To Oz (2019 Subtitle), Ubank App, Aspen Travel Guide, Google Merchandise Store Analytics, Kaira Meaning In Arabic, Where Can I Watch Sas: Who Dares Wins, Nyjah Huston Height, Archosaur Forgot Password, Westpac Bank Share Price, Ellie Parker Leslie,