While The Cure's original version hit number 2 on the Alternative Songs chart, 311's cover was more successful on the chart, hitting number 1 on the chart. Release. It was also covered by Maltese singer Ira Losco, found on her 2007 unplugged album Unmasked. When released as a single in 1989, the cover artwork displayed the title as "Lovesong", while the printing on the disc itself read "Love Song" all three times. Barcode and Other Identifiers Fly me to the moon It is also featured on 311's greatest hits album, Greatest Hits '93–'03.

"Lovesong" (sometimes listed as "Love Song") is a song originally recorded by the English alternative rock band The Cure, released as the third single from their eighth studio album Disintegration in 1989.

The original 1989 artwork for the album Disintegration uses "Love Song" on the track listing and "Lovesong" on the lyrics sheet: the revised art for the 2010 remaster of the album consistently uses "Lovesong". Check out our picks for family friendly movies movies that transcend all ages. While The Cure's original version uses gothic rock elements, 311's cover is a love song with many reggae rock roots similar to their 2002 hit "Amber". The single peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The American Indie-pop band Koufax covered it in several live apparitions. 2004's Join the Dots also uses "Lovesong" within the booklet presentation. However, The Cure's original version was still more successful on the pop charts, peaking number 2 on the Hot 100 chart, while 311's cover peaked at number 59 on the chart. Canadian psychobilly band The Brains recorded their version of the song in 2014 on their The Cover Up EP. He expresses satisfaction in finally feeling comfortable enough to write a straightforward love song and feels the song keeps Disintegration from having only one mood – presumably “gloom”.

We didn’t even play it on the European leg of the tour (according to my very reliable sources we did in fact start playing it on the last couple of weeks of the European tour). Upon release as a single, the song received worldwide success, and first peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it the group's most successful single in the US to date.

The song has also been covered by the bands A Perfect Circle (as a mashup with "Diary of a Madman"), Good Charlotte, The Deluxtone Rockets, Jack Off Jill, Snake River Conspiracy, Azam Ali/Niyaz, Ira Losco, Death Cab for Cutie, Anberlin, Seafood (who released their cover of the song as a single in June 2007), Fordirelifesake and Voltaire. The song has been covered by several artists, with notable cover versions by American rock band 311, recorded for the soundtrack for the film 50 First Dates and also released as a single.

The song also charted at number 2 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart, number 30 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks chart and number 18 on the UK Singles Chart. Lovesong, 7", Single, Pap, FICS 30, 889 844-7, Lovesong, 12", Maxi, M/Print, 889 847-1, FICSX 30, Mis canciones favoritas 80´s.

Speaking of its simplicity and unusually upbeat nature compared to the other tracks on Disintegration, Smith stated, "It's an open show of emotion. I believe i have this release however mine is slightly different.

You make me feel like I am clean again

In our interview with the band's lead singer Nick Hexum, he explained that Adam Sandler suggested they cover the song for 50 First Dates. Talking about putting the 311 treatment on the song, Hexum said, "We really turned it on its side, to have the dreamy reggae and the half-time feel.

[20][21][22] Nina Sky covered this song on their 2010 EP The Other Side.

Add the first question.

This song was also performed by Adele on her 2011 album 21.

Voltaire released an acoustic cover on his album Then and Again. Upon release as a single, the song received worldwide success, and first peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it the group's most successful single in the US to date.

Japanese singer Immi included a cover of the song on her debut album Switch. However far away The song has been covered by several artists, with notable cover versions by American rock band 311, recorded for the soundtrack for the film 50 First Dates and also released as a single. It was also covered by Maltese singer Ira Losco, found on her 2007 unplugged album Unmasked. Canadian musical duo Dala recorded their cover of the song on the 2005 album Angels & Thieves.

Directed by Tim Pope.

THE CURE-Lovesong-12" the rarest Greek pressing! [citation needed]. The song is performed in A minor and is built around a distinctive bass riff. The song was covered by Captain during a BBC Radio 2 live session with Dermot O'Leary. It’s an open show of emotion. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat.

2004's Join the Dots also uses "Lovesong" within the booklet presentation. The Cure: Lovesong ‎ (12", Single) Fiction Records, Fiction Records: 889 847-1, FICSX 30: Europe: 1989: Sell This Version Whatever words I say The song also charted at #2 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart, #27 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks chart[1] and #18 on the UK Singles Chart. Solo artists have performed covers as well, such as Tori Amos during several live performances, most famously on the radio station KROQ-FM.

Robert Smith originally wrote the song for his long-time girlfriend and then fiancée, Mary, as a wedding present.

[Verse 3] My Favorite 80´s Songs, WLIR-FM Garden City New York: Screamers and Screeches of the Week - 1980 to 1997. An instrumental demo version recorded by the band was featured on the second disk of the 2010 re-release of Disintegration. Similar to the title variations of The Cure song "In Between Days", there doesn't seem to be a universally agreed-upon spacing method of the title of Lovesong, as it varies between "Lovesong" and "Love Song" on many official Cure releases.

While The Cure's original version hit number 2 on the Alternative Songs chart, 311's cover was more successful on the chart, hitting number 1 on the chart.

The verses follow an Am/G/F/Em chord progression, which changes to F/G/Am/C in the choruses. [Chorus] However long I stay [26], The Irish Charts – Search Results – Lovesong", "The Cure Chart History (Alternative Airplay)", "The Cure Chart History (Dance Club Songs)", "The Cure Chart History (Dance Singles Sales)", "The Cure Chart History (Mainstream Rock)", Offiziellecharts.de – The Cure – Lovesong", https://www.billboard.com/music/311/chart-history/, "311 Chart History (Alternative Airplay)", "Koufax Setlist at Cat's Cradle, Carrboro", "Konzert-Bericht: Koufax / Mates Of State / Onelinedrawing / Hamburg / Gaesteliste.de Internet-Musikmagazin", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lovesong_(The_Cure_song)&oldid=984382386, Billboard Alternative Songs number-one singles, Song recordings produced by David M. Allen, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles with unsourced statements from September 2019, Singlechart usages for Billboardalternativesongs, Singlechart usages for Billboarddanceclubplay, Singlechart usages for Billboardmainstreamrock, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "Lovesong" (Extended Mix)/(Extended Remix), This page was last edited on 19 October 2020, at 20:31.

Best Side Steps For Off Roading, Libra Man In Bed With Libra Woman, Impossible Snake Game 2, Weather Fall River, Ma 02723, Laravel Microsoft Graph Api, Best South Park Episodes To Watch High, Kerry Jane 5 Instagram, Dallas Cowboys Sideline Passes, Nine News Live, Working With Teenagers, Ajr Tour 2019, Podio Cpcc, Vega Symbol, Arian Foster Net Worth, Microsoft Teams Turn Off Notification Sound, Speech On Book Week, Nrl Comment, Carolina Panthers Schedule 2020 Printable, Snake Bite Drinking Game, Moeller Football Coach, Wizard Of Oz Characters Costumes, Rainbow Rowell Real Name, Horoscope Scorpion Septembre 2020, Sarah, Plain And Tall Full Movie 123movies, The Giraffe And The Pelly And Me Comprehension Questions, Bojack Horseman Review Season 1, Mets Documentary, Butler Baseball, Nissan Webmail Login, Houses For Sale Near Me By Owner, Scorpion 3d Model Obj, The Black Cauldron Taran And Eilonwy, Black Bear Facts, Snakes And Ladders Pieces, Do The Steelers Play The Redskins This Year, San Diego Weather Year Round, Earthquake Uk, Chfi Certification, Knocked Up 2 Cast, Wes Share Price, Virtual Pub Quiz Ideas,