The Roosters were able to hold out during that 10-minute period, though - with the closest Canberra came to scoring being just before Cronk returned to the field when Jordan Rapana was denied a try due to the final pass from Joey Leilua being forward.

The Sydney Roosters are the first team to win consecutive NRL premierships since 1993, beating the Canberra Raiders 14-8 in a gripping grand final. Sio Soliola did superbly to charge down Luke Keary's attacking kick, only for the loose ball to hit one of the trainers on the field and handing possession back to the Roosters from a scrum.

Mitchell (8,21,74), Tries: 1952 - Western Suburbs Magpies v South Sydney Rabbitohs; 1961/62/63 - Western Suburbs Magpies v St. George Dragons [Highlights] (Official vhs) 1964 - Balmain Tigers v St. George Dragons [4][5], The grand final attracted a television viewership of over 600,000 in Melbourne, a traditional Australian Rules football stronghold. The 1999 St. George Illawarra Dragons season was the first in the newly formed joint-venture club's history. "Our motivation is still the same, that's for sure.

Sun 22 Sep, 1991 108:39 "It's obviously nervous times for Jared," captain Boyd Cordner said. But probably not this game to be honest.". Knowing him he will be doing everything he can to be right. (function(){var k='0521688706',d=document,l=d.location,c=d.cookie;function f(n){if(c){var i=c.indexOf(n+'=');if(i>-1){var j=c.indexOf(';',i);return escape(c.substring(i+n.length+1,j<0?c.length:j))}}}var x=f('__utmx'),xx=f('__utmxx'),h=l.hash; Conversions: Watch the futuristic new series Brave New World only on Stan. Verrills (7), Tedesco (73) The 1999 NRL Grand Final was the conclusive and premiership-deciding game of the 1999 NRL season. Sun 02 Oct, 2016 ... Sun 26 Sep, 1993 Grand Final

We're still hungry and working to be better than what we were last week. "We're not happy with where we're at, we still think there is improvement in us.".

Pre-match entertainment featured Hugh Jackman's rendition of the Australian national anthem. The Roosters enter the finals as title favourites and in the box seat to be the first team since Brisbane in 1992 and 1993 to win back-to-back titles in a unified competition. The Dragons were up 14-0 at half time, with a converted try and penalty goal to Craig Fitzgibbon, and a converted try to Nathan Blacklock. Look back at …

Mitchell's offload sent Daniel Tupou sprinting away down the left wing before passing back inside for man of the moment Tedesco to finish a try converted by the player who started the move to put Sydney within touching distance of back-to-back title triumphs. The 1999 Melbourne Storm season was the second in the club's history.

It was the last game of champion prop and captain Glenn Lazarus, who retired after a remarkable fifth grand final victory (having won premierships with the Canberra Raiders in 1989 and 1990 and with the Brisbane Broncos in 1992 and 1993). Conversions: NSWRL/ARL/SL/NRL – Premership Rounds & Finals,