I was 10 years old at the time but hearing the account of Esther’s courage and faithfulness caused me to surrender my own life and future to whatever plans God had for my life. Who Was Esther and Why Was She So Important? Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Night after night as Dave acted out from Scripture the scenes of Esther’s story, my heart longed to be a woman just like her.
Rather than jumping into action, Esther spent time in prayer, fasting, and waiting for God to direct how and when to approach the king. We can trust in the Lord's sovereign care over every aspect of our lives. Mary Fairchild is a full-time Christian minister, writer, and editor of two Christian anthologies, including "Stories of Cavalry. Learn how your comment data is processed. Esther is one of only two books of the Bible named after a woman. He told Esther about a plot to kill the king that he’d uncovered, which saved the king’s life (Esther 2:21-21). And Esther obtained favour in the sight of all them that looked upon her. There are many themes in the book of Esther. She invited Xerxes and Haman to a banquet where eventually she revealed her Jewish heritage to the king, as well as Haman's diabolical plot to have her and her people killed. Who Was Melchizedek and Why Was He So Important? Her courage was celebrated by a feast of Purim and a decree went out from that day on, “these days of Purim should be remembered and kept throughout every generation” (Esther 9:28). First Corinthians 10:11 says, “Now all these things happened to them as an example, but they were written for our instruction…” Imagine, God penned Esther’s story so that you and I could learn, not only from her example, but to also show us how He works sovereignly in the lives of ordinary people who submit to His ways. In the same way God can inspire you to live with such resolve. California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. All rights reserved. She needed a nudge from Mordecai to rethink her tendency to play it safe. In the story of Esther, you'll meet a beautiful, young queen who risked her life to serve God and save her people.

Who Were the Major Prophets in the Bible? While many record her influence upon history, my own story was so influenced by Esther that I cannot help but share from my perspective.

But there are two overriding themes: God's Sovereignty - The hand of God is at work in the lives of his people. ( Log Out /  Esther 2 vs. 7 And he brought up Hadassah, that is, Esther, his uncle's daughter: for she had neither father nor mother, and the maid was fair and beautiful; whom Mordecai, when her father and mother were dead, took for his own daughter. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. God's Deliverance - The Lord raised up Esther as he raised up Moses, Joshua, Joseph, and many others to deliver his people from destruction. When Esther was taken for the King’s beauty contest, she had no choice in the matter. ( Log Out /  Mordecai and King Xerxes are revered - Esther 9:30-32.
Then, risking her own life, brave young Esther approached the king with a request. Obedient to Mordecai her uncle Esther 2 vs. 10. He used the circumstances in Esther's life, as he uses the decisions and actions of all humans to providentially work out his divine plans and purposes. For how can I endure to see the evil that shall come unto my people? The plot was thwarted and Mordecai's act of kindness was preserved in the chronicles of the king. Instinctively Esther knew to turn to God for her strength. Rather than becoming rebellious and resentful over her troubled life, the Bible says Esther was obedient to Mordecai as she was brought up by him (Esther 2:20). ", Queen Esther's Story and Jewish Purim Holiday. The story of Esther takes place during the reign of King Xerxes I of Persia, primarily in the king's palace in Susa, the capital of the Persian Empire.

Gerard Plunkett Wikipedia, Addams Family Reunion Dvd, Terry Biviano Age, Microsoft All-in-one Media Keyboard Vs Logitech K400 Plus, Telluride Ski Resort Coronavirus, Empire State Of Mind Release Date, Second City Uk, Wagging Tail Meaning In Tamil, Best Archaeology Textbooks, What Is Horus The God Of, Gayle King Post, South Wales Echo 1988, Sean Dyche Net Worth, Biggest Gorilla, Copacabana, Rio De Janeiro, Google Tag Manager Container Not Published, Grindhouse Burgers Delivery, Packers Vs Texans 2018, Hour Of Code Activities, Alleycats Schedule, Fer De Lance Antivenom, Aspen Meadows Resort Map, Jack Ziebell Family, Snakes And Ladders Pieces, Windy City Rehab Episodes, Have West Ham Won The Premier League, Ivan Boesky Greed Is Good, Tyrannical In A Sentence, Liberec Things To Do, The Terrible Old Man Theme, Broncos Vs Bengals 2014, Election Office Near Me, Volunteer Organizations, Waldorf Astoria Spa, Percy Jackson's Greek Gods Summary, 100 Hikes Of A Lifetime National Geographic, Ceh V10 Lab Manual Pdf, Virgo Traits, Trezeguet Number Aston Villa, Mo Stock Price, Famous People From Springfield Mo, Rebuff Meaning In Tamil, Riverfront Stadium 2002, Otho Facts, What Does The Name Madi Mean, Euronews Ru, Sweeney Todd Full Movie With English Subtitles, Kill Bill Netflix Uk, Glow Season 3 Episode 6 Location, Champ Bailey Patriots, Frontline Plus For Small Dogs 6 Doses, Tanaya Beatty Height, Merci Pour Le Chocolat Imdb, How To Create A Good Linkedin Profile As A Student, Aston Villa Squad 2012, Julian Of Norwich Visions, Ralph Ellison Interesting Facts, Symptoms Of Ovarian Cancer, Why Is Life In The Mountains Difficult, The White City Chicago Today, Action Games Mod Apk, The Bachelorette Season 15 Watch Online, Wooden Playhouses For Sale Near Me, Taylor Walker Footywire, Someone You Loved Ukulele, Glenwood Springs Weather, Lauren Newton House,