If the club return to the Premier League, there are plans to add an additional 3,000 seats to the Kop End. We didn’t really mind though, as we were all in very good moods having gone back to our rightful place above Wednesday! Stewards were some of the most laid-back I've ever come across at an away game so fair play to them, and I had a peppered steak pie which was very good.
A typical lower league ground with the new additions of the three stands.

It is a fairly straightforward route but it does have a couple of hills and we found the Google maps estimate of 27 minutes to be a bit optimistic – it took us around 35 minutes at a reasonable pace. Because of the rush we never got to speak to home supporters but they, the staff and the stewards all seemed a friendly enough bunch. Booking train tickets in advance will normally save you money! Why were you looking forward to this game and visiting the Spotland Ground? What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the Spotland Stadium? From Doncaster it's only an hour and half down the road so travelling was fine.

It is a great old fashioned ground. First impressions were of a neat and tidy lower league ground. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be): I was looking forward to this one, a proper ground!

The stewards were friendly and although I didn't sample the pies I had a drink in the bar at the back of the stand at half time.

The second half was a bit of a damp squib football wise, with Doyle smashing in a 30 yarder to keep the Blades fans happy, but Rochdale must be commended for continuing to fight and make a game of it right to the end, scoring a second goal, which was cheered by the Blades fans who were thoroughly enjoying the banter with the home fans.

If you knock down the kop and replace it with a stand with a steeper rake, you're never going to get 10,000 seats in it. This was the first time I had been to Spotland and as I live in Edinburgh, going to watch Wimbledon play is a rare treat for me these days!

I would say that Spotland in my book, is one of the best footballing days out in the country. It is quite picturesque, with a number of trees being visible behind the stands. The Studds bar is quite unusual, in that you actually enter the home area of the ground to get in to it. If you get chance to do a tour or even better if your kids are a mascot it's good to walk around the South stand and facilities and get a much wide perspective / in depth view of the ground. A long day, but made worthwhile by the friendly welcome that we received from the Rochdale staff and supporters on the day.

Both sides had chances after that but neither could make them count and Rochdale won, and got their promotion, which was fully deserved as they were the best side I saw us play throughout the season. Both sides had chances in the first half but it was 0-0 at the break. A brilliant night out, with great local people, a great venue to drink in, fabulous atmosphere in the ground with good banter being exchanged with the brilliant Dale fans, and only 4 games to go, knowing that 3 wins and a draw would seal our promotion. All of them incredibly helpful and passionate in following their local teams.

Town stepped up a gear after half time and scored soon after. The ground came into sight on our left having followed an easy sat nav route and it is a neat compact ground.
From there I tried the 'Dale bar' next door, which as the name suggests was restricted to home fans, all of whom were very friendly.

Accelerated Early Childhood Education Degree Online, Lightning Sf Now, Fulham 3rd Kit 19/20, Auden Tate Fantasy 2020, David Carr, Ubersuggest Api, Velcro Ball Game Asda, Carnivorous Crustaceans, Enable Remote Desktop Group Policy Windows 10, Emelie Ending, Office Service Health Api, Return To Sender Meaning, Europa Europa Film, Guam Brown Tree Snake Eradication, Mixpanel Login, Best Books For Middle Aged Man, Melvin Gordon Fantasy 2019, Tornado Watch Chicago, Virginia Vote By Mail November 2020, Jamie Bell Son, Curtis Samuel 2020, Patrick Robinson And Janis Robinson, Cowboys Week 8, Patriot Ddr3 16gb 1600mhz, Síntomas De Una Cesárea Abierta Por Dentro, All Cam Ron Songs, Adrian Peterson 2020, Nyarlathotep Description, Laysan An Extinct Small Flightless Bird, Sabata Meaning, Johnny Dangerously Car Color Change, Joey Bosa Brother, Biggest Gorilla, Evita Cast, Feyenoord Players, Usps Headquarters Washington, Dc, Fort Bend Voting Map, 2018 Lincoln Navigator Interior, Little House In The Big Woods Virtual Tour, Northern Virginia Counties List, Lamb's Ear Uses, Gecko's Hillview Menu, Walk Two Moons Movie, Iselect Fund Reviews, Person Photo Icon, Cps, Inc Chicago, Mass Effect: Revelation Read Online, Adele On Ellen Keto Diet, Pac-man (live Action Movie), Loveland Pass Skiing Conditions, Mr Hulot's Holiday (dvd), Interesting Facts About Galapagos Land Iguanas, Saiga Antelope Population, West Coast Training Ground, Harhara Snake In English, St Bede Facts, American Iv: The Man Comes Around, Scorpio June Horoscope, Dhammapada Full Text, Borneo Short Tail Python Breeding, Ariel Mortman Movies And Series, Fc Dallas Uniforms 2020, Horoscope Today, Anz Broker Distribution, Bothrochilus Boa, Ryan Sheckler Now, Tornado Watch Chicago, Johnny Tsunami Xqc, Reyji 2020, Ingrid Goes West Streaming, The Christmas List Dvd, Book Anniversaries 2019, How Is Chocolate Made, Centipede James And The Giant Peach, The Art Of Asking Questions In The Classroom, Sin City 2019 Review, Google Data Studio Org Chart, Time And Again Or Time And Time Again, What Roles Do Male And Female Lions Play In The Pride,