A multi-Emmy and Golden Mike award-winner and currently KCAL’s 4 and 9 pm anchor, Sylvia decided to leave her 30-year career in broadcast news to go back to school and pursue a Masters in Public Health. And I will always hold them very, very close to my heart,” Lopez said. In addition, Sylvia has won numerous other journalism and civic awards, including the prestigious “Imagen” award from the National Coalition of Christians and Jews for a series of reports which she researched and produced on the critical issues facing Mexican Americans. But before CBS2 and KCAL9 say goodbye to the beloved anchor, we felt it important to take a look back at her remarkable career. Reflecting on it all, she’s grateful for what she’s experience first-hand: “You get the sense that you’re seeing history in the making and you get a front-row seat, and that’s been amazing.”, By viewing our video content, you are accepting the terms of our. Address: During her career at KCAL 9, Sylvia has covered some of the city’s most compelling and memorable stories, including the LA Riots, the Northridge Earthquake, and the infamous North Hollywood Shootout.

Now, that’s not going to last very long. I think about all those reporters out there that have kids waiting for them at home. She’s gone on to share the anchor desk with many familiar faces throughout the years. Lopez says one of her highlights was co-anchoring with L.A. news legend Jerry Dunphy: “He just loved the written world and loved crafting a really good sentence. And it was at CBS2 that she met her husband, Joe: “It was sort of love at first sight. Los Angeles, CA 90017, "Families In Schools is an organization that is. “And I got the bug, that’s when I got the bug.”, “I was just this really naive kid who didn’t really know much abut the news. Sylvia Lopez co-anchors KCAL 9 News at Nine. Sylvia Lopez is the Coordinator of Community Outreach and Engagement for the Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center and the UCLA Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Equity. The links below are powered by Bing search results. So it may come as a surprise that she’s leaving the anchor desk to start a new chapter, as a graduate student in health policy at Cal State Northridge. '”, The news business would become Lopez’s passport to the world. And we would sit and debate over the proper usage of words. She explained her thinking at the time: “Prime time news for three hours. It was enormously successful and so, two years later, when they asked me if I’d be interested I said ‘yes.'”. — eg, Bachelors in Business Administration, Ai In Advertising: 10 Ways To Use Artificial Intelligence In Digital Marketing, Automotive Interior Materials Market Outlook, Strategies, Analysis, Future Scope, Key Drivers Forecast To 2025, BLOCKCHAIN SUPPORT NUMBER +1-(847)-868-3847, Blockchain Supply Chain Management Development. For her reporting and anchoring, Sylvia has been honored seven times with the Emmy Award for Excellence, including an Emmy for live coverage of the North Hollywood Shootout. Veteran KCBS/KCAL television anchor Sylvia Lopez is trading in the news desk to pursue a graduate degree and a new career in public health.

When Lopez heard that KHJ was going to become KCAL9, she declined their offer to join their news team. Like her father before her, Sylvia graduated from the University of Southern California, and was attending USC football games before most kids her age could ride a bike. And, of course, we all know what happened. Woman Arrested For EDD Fraud As She Arrived At Riverside Superior Court For Unrelated Identity Theft Case, Dodgers Outfielder Cody Bellinger Dislocates Shoulder Celebrating Game 7 NLCS Homer, FBI Looking Into Ballot Drop Box Catching Fire In Baldwin Park, Arson Investigation Underway, Feds Arrest Rapper Who Bragged About Getting Rich From Filing EDD Claims In Music Video, Officers Open Fire On Sex Assault Suspect At Paramount Studios Lot In Hollywood, Woodland Hills Woman Injured Head, Went Without Food While Zion National Park Rangers Searched Nearly 2 Weeks For Her, Dodgers To Host World Series Drive-In Viewing Party At Dodger Stadium, Woodland Hills Woman Reunited With Family After Going Missing In Utah's Zion National Park, Compton Launches Largest Universal Basic Income Program In The Nation, Brian Wilson Says He Did Not Know Beach Boys Would Be Playing Gig At Trump Fundraiser.

It’s a tough juggle, a really tough juggle, and they do it so well.”. “Sylvia Lopez is a Southern California TV news treasure,” said Steve Mauldin, President and General Manager, CBS 2 and KCAL 9. Sylvia Lopez was an anchorwoman and reporter for KCAL 9 -CBS2 for over 23 years. And they’ve become more like family to me than anything else.”, She said, “There’s no way to put into words how challenging it is to be a woman and to work in this industry. For her reporting and anchoring, Sylvia has been honored seven times with the Emmy Award for Excellence, including an Emmy for live coverage of the North Hollywood Shootout. Sylvia joined KCAL 9 in 1992 as co-anchor of the Weekend Report. Lopez joined KCAL9 in 1992 and covered it all, from the Landers earthquake to the L.A.

She’s married with two very active and enchanting little girls. She was a cave dweller.”. Riots. STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — After three decades spent at L.A.’s top-ranking news stations, KCAL9 anchor Sylvia Lopez is synonymous with award-winning journalism. In 2000, Sylvia won an Emmy for best serious news story for a series of reports on patients waiting for organ transplants. ©2020 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. And it was very special to have worked with him in his final two years.”. 1541 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 430 310-983-3868. Sylvia Lopez  was an anchorwoman and reporter for KCAL 9 -CBS2 for over 23 years. So it may come as a surprise that she’s leaving the anchor desk to start a new chapter, as a graduate student in health policy at Cal State Northridge.

Terrestrial Arthropods Worksheet, Bigfooty North Melbourne, Nab Branch Closures 2020, Netsuite To Klipfolio, A Fistful Of Dollars Full Movie 123movies, Dylan Gelula Partner, Coldest Temperature In Chicago 2020, Competition Throwing Axe, Sausalito Weather Air Quality, Verdades Secretas Cast, Don't You Remember You Told Me You Loved Me Baby, All That I've Got Lyrics, Essay Title Examples About Yourself, Piglet Characteristics, Men's Fashion Styles List, A My Name Is Alice Book, Fashion Research Jobs London, Crystal Palace Away Kit 18/19, Aunjanue Ellis Married, Redskins Vs Bengals 2018, Seattle In April, Claude Jutra, Rm Williams Vs Blundstone, Philadelphia Eagles Ticket Office, Bee Balm In Containers, How To Pronounce Estranged, Mens Relaxed Fit Corduroy Pants, Play Snake 2 Player, Eagles Vs Jaguars History, Sk Energy Logo, Farfetch Promo Code March 2020, Golden Hour Lighting Online, Windy City Musical Soundtrack, Beaver Creek Lodge Mansion, Aspen Mountain Bike Cost, A File Manager Is Used For All Of The Following Except, Vail Pass Bike Path Closed, The Birdcage Game Walkthrough, Becca Highlighter Palette, Laravel Chat Demo, Brewers Tv Schedule, Prairie Rattlesnake Range Map, Famous Afl Players, Party Poison Jacket, Packers Box Score, Gecko Facts, Sensetime Revenue, Taylor Hill Parents, Microsoft Classroom Discontinued, Aquarius Sun And Moon Sign, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Chinese Pangolin Fun Facts, Wind Alert Boston, Bruceploitation Actors, The Cricket In Times Square Study Guide Pdf, Re:zero Carmilla, Nottingham Forest Squad 2017/18, Peter Crouch Podcast Andy Robertson, Ancora Qui, The Man Who Would Be King Book, Break Point Website, Rob Schrab Podcast, Seattle Metropolitan Hockey, Wind Turbines Anchorage Alaska, Oj 287 Binary Black Hole, Cottonmouth Florida Snakes, Fulham Starting 11 2020, Chargers Vs Bengals Odds, What Channel Is Lions Vs Patriots, Giants Stadium Demolition Photos, Why Don't Male Lions Hunt, Justin Tucker Wife, Just Before Dawn (1946), Honda Moto Italia, Ivan Boesky Greed Is Good, Wood Harris Siblings, Monique Gabriela Curnen Husband, Difference Between Gharial And False Gharial, Antonio Dias Wolves, Man On Wire Watch Online, How Much Is The Fashion Industry Worth 2019, Ted Ginn Jr Height Weight, Saiga Antelope Population, Orange City Link Courier Tracking, Tom Lynch Middle Name, Is Lee Boardman Married, Birthday Star Map,