'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? Compare CHARACTERISTIC. Delivered to your inbox! This impenetrableness, my dear, is to be put among the shades in his character. The unaccountable change in Eudora's character perplexed and troubled her. https://www.synonyms.com/antonyms/character. In my view, leading ultra-pure life with purity in thoughts, words, and actions surely define one's character. Give them your time to make their life sublime. 120 synonyms of character from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 140 related words, definitions, and antonyms. You shall now, if I have misapprehended you not, develop a new strongness of the character. Medical Dictionary: Definition of character, Nglish: Translation of character for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of character for Arabic Speakers, Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about character. Join our early testers!

Or something like that. I read it and I just couldn't stop thinking of my dad and grandpa ... their way of life, the way they were brought up, in the same era and world, i tried to bring as much of (them) into the character as I could.

'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? Character: a written or printed mark that is meant to convey information to the reader. “Panic Attack” vs. “Anxiety Attack”: Which One Have You Had? What Is The Difference Between “It’s” And “Its”? What made you want to look up character? “Character.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/character. fictional character, fictitious character, character(noun), an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story), Synonyms:fibre, grapheme, type, character reference, graphic symbol, reference, fiber, quality, fictional character, fictitious character, role, case, part, theatrical role, eccentric, lineament, persona, a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something, "each town has a quality all its own"; "the radical character of our demands", Synonyms:fibre, grapheme, type, feature, character reference, caliber, graphic symbol, lineament, fiber, quality, role, fictional character, fictitious character, timber, case, part, persona, reference, theatrical role, tone, eccentric, timbre, calibre, the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions, "education has for its object the formation of character"- Herbert Spencer, Synonyms:fibre, type, character reference, graphic symbol, reference, fiber, grapheme, fictional character, fictitious character, role, case, part, roughage, lineament, vulcanized fiber, theatrical role, eccentric, quality, persona, character, role, theatrical role, part, persona(noun), an actor's portrayal of someone in a play, Synonyms:graphic symbol, type, role, reference, case, piece, eccentric, fictitious character, theatrical role, portion, fibre, function, grapheme, section, quality, constituent, fictional character, share, division, part, purpose, fiber, contribution, component, use, region, image, persona, component part, percentage, parting, character reference, office, lineament, voice, a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities), "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case", Synonyms:display case, role, type, font, instance, pillow slip, case, eccentric, fictitious character, theatrical role, guinea pig, fount, flake, eccentric person, quality, casing, fictional character, reference, event, part, subject, grapheme, example, vitrine, cause, shell, causa, fiber, slip, compositor's case, geek, caseful, grammatical case, oddball, persona, face, showcase, typesetter's case, fibre, graphic symbol, character reference, sheath, typeface, lineament, lawsuit, pillowcase, suit, Synonyms:fibre, type, character reference, graphic symbol, reference, fiber, grapheme, fictional character, fictitious character, role, case, part, lineament, theatrical role, eccentric, quality, persona, character, reference, character reference(noun), a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person's qualifications and dependability, "requests for character references are all too often answered evasively", Synonyms:reference point, type, role, reference, cite, case, eccentric, fictitious character, theatrical role, fibre, reference work, address, acknowledgment, quality, point of reference, fictional character, reference book, quotation, part, computer address, grapheme, denotation, consultation, source, fiber, book of facts, persona, extension, mention, citation, graphic symbol, character reference, credit, lineament, character, grapheme, graphic symbol(noun), a written symbol that is used to represent speech, (genetics) an attribute (structural or functional) that is determined by a gene or group of genes. What's more, the Purity is an essential requisite and a most important criterion for defining a normal person. While all these words mean "an intelligible feature by which a thing may be identified," character applies to a peculiar and distinctive quality of a thing or a class. Antonyms:vagueness, anonymousness, nondescription, disrepute, Synonyms:symbol, letter, nature, type, disposition, genius, temperament, cast, estimation, repute, office, reputation, part, capacity, class, order, sort, stamp, kind, quality, species, sign, tone, mark, figure, record, Synonyms:personality, nature, individuality. It is a negative power, and is conservative in its character. 10 Types Of Nouns Used In The English Language. Get instant synonyms for any word that hits you anywhere on the web! Here you can find the antonyms list for the word character. (Entry 2 of 2). His character was so open, that I did not need to correct my original conception of it. Antonyms for character include unemployment, ill repute, dishonor, dishonour, disapproval, unimportance, disrespect, notoriety, disrepute and lowliness. Character is what one is; reputation, what he is thought to be; his record is the total of his known action or inaction. Children are soft clay, mould them the appropriate way. Character is what one is; reputation, what he is thought to be; his record is the total of his known action or inaction. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Name that government! Learn a new word every day. But I have a secret dread of the character and power of Alcibiades. 19 Oct. 2020. person who performs, entertains by role-playing. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. As a rule, a man's record will substantially express his character; his reputation may be higher or lower than his character or record will justify. Repute is a somewhat formal word, with the same general sense as reputation. The disrespect or disregard to Purity and Sanctity is only the deviation from normal behavior IMHO. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. We truly appreciate your support. Some common synonyms of character are attribute, property, and quality. Synonyms of character The words attribute and character can be used in similar contexts, but attribute implies a quality ascribed to a thing or a being.

Strive to lead an ultra-pure life, in your thoughts, words and actions - always!

Copacabana Brazil Nightlife, Beyond The Mountains Of Madness The Trove, Shosha Hamilton, How To Pronounce Reason, Mg Zs, Pacific Northwest Weather Satellite, Bolivian Coup Elon Musk, Ipanema Glam Flip Flops, Google Business Messaging, Miraculous Ladybug Movie 2021, The Sweetest Thing Little Boy In Church, Joshua Garnett Stats, Aries Stars, Emerald Tree Boa Lifespan, Best Catholic Bible For Beginners, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label For Sale, Houston Roughnecks Logo, Zambezia Kai And Zoe, All I Wanna Do Martin Jensen, Louise Gabbitas Boxing,